In Kambia, Sierra Leone!

To the glory of God, I arrived in Sierra Leone 12 days ago and then travelled on to Kambia. The original plan was to come in July, but I had to wait out the Ebola crisis. There were also a few days of panic after I found out that my passport had to go biometric before my travel, but, praise God for His mercies, a helper was found who took us through a nail biting, two-month, although bribe-free process of getting it. Praise God for my family and friends who contributed financially and in many other diverse ways to help me raise my air fare and initial missionary support for this trip. If you would still like to help, please contact me for further details. I have to pay for my own upkeep here as well as pay for the services of a lady who will help me round the house. For the one year that I will be here, I will be teaching Sunday School, training more teachers and helping out in a newly established mission school in Kambia. The name of the organisation is Givers' World, where a church and a school have been growing for the past 5 years. I have already been praying about the next step; what God would have me do after this year is passed. Do pray along with me. It has been exciting seeing, old faces - the children have grown so much. I have met a few additions to the family and some new people as well. I will eventually have a place of my own, but that place is not ready yet. For now I am staying with another lady missionary who has graciously allowed me into her home. Please pray for good health for me at all times, and that I will hear God clearly in all that He is saying to me. I ask also for utterance, that the things I say will be inspired by the Holy Spirit. Also pray for my protection. Yesterday I managed to kill a scorpion that was headed straight for my feet as I sat on my bed. God bless you all. In Him,

No comments: